Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday – Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:
Title: Enshadowed (Nevermore #2)
Author: Kelly Creagh
Publish Date: Jan. 24, 2012
Pages: 416
Genre: Fantasy, Horror
Summary: While Varen remains a prisoner in the dream-world, Isobel is haunted by his memory. He appears to her in her dreams and soon, even in her waking life. But is she just imagining it? Isobel knows she must find a way back to Varen. She makes plans to go to Baltimore. There, she confronts the figure known throughout the world as the Poe Toaster—the same dark man who once appeared to Isobel in her dreams, calling himself "Reynolds."

Isobel succeeds in interrupting the Toaster's ritual and, in doing so, discovers a way to return to the dream-world. Soon, she finds herself swept up in a realm which not only holds remnants of Poe's presence, but has also now taken on the characteristics of Varen's innermost self. It is a dark world comprised of fear, terror, and anger.

When Isobel once more encounters Varen, she finds him changed. With his mind poisoned by the dream world, he becomes a malevolent force, bent on destroying all—even himself. Now Isobel must face a new adversary, one who also happens to be her greatest love.
Nevermore was one of my favorite books of 2010. It ends with a huge cliffhanger and the sequel does not come out until January 2012 which is a bit of a bummer because I am so excited for it. I love how the cover shows Isobel and Varen's faces. I cannot wait to read this!
What books are you waiting on?

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the cover. I loved Nevermore and didn't even know the title and cover of the next book had been relased. Awesome. I will have to add this to my Goodreads list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Awesome pick.

Mia said...

I haven't read Nevermore but I've heard good things about it ;) Nice pick! Check out my picks for my WoW this week.

Katie said...

I'm with you on this one. Can't wait for this release! :)

Amber I @ Awesomesauce said...

I have yet to read Nevermore,I've got to get on it soon. Great pick!

Katie said...

I saw this for the first time the other day....so exciting! Great pick!

Sally said...

The second book sounds really awesome but I have yet to finish the first.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

Pamela said...

Ohhh I want to read this series! Love the covers. Great pick!

Feel free to check out my WoW here.

Belinda said...

Looks really good! Here's my WOW Happy reading!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I love this cover! I still need to read Nevermore. I'm hoping to get to it soon! Happy Reading! Here's my WoW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...