Thursday, March 10, 2011

Comparing Covers

Aanchal over at Book Flame has a post up for the beautiful cover art on an upcoming title: The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan. It’s a beautiful cover that looks a lot like the Australian version of Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. It looks like the same model, same dress (in a different color) in a different pose. I like the Unearthly cover more. What do you think?

I also saw these books with the same stock photo but the picture is flipped. I like the North of Beautiful cover more.

And these two books have the same stock photo, I like the richness of the Vespertine cover more.

5 comments:

Rebecca Christiansen said...

It's always interesting to see repeat stock images and stuff. The girl on the cover of North of Beautiful and Evermore is also on another YA cover, but she's looking straight at the camera. Can't remember the title of that book though.

The model on the paperback cover of If I Stay by Gayle Forman is also on the cover of Laura Weiss's new book... same photo shoot and colours and everything.

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous covers (the first two) though even if they are the same model in the same dress but a different color. Guess that means someone's real good with teh Photoshop.

Here is my absolute favorite repeat cover pair. I think it's hilarious because they didn't even TRY to alter it to make them different.

Pic 1 | Pic 2

Madigan Mirza said...

Wow, I love the Australian cover for Unearthly. The American cover is nice, but I think I prefer that one, definitely.

I did a blog post on this recently: Cover Twins (or are they triplets?)

http://www.madiganreads.com/2011/01/cover-twins.html

@Jenny, you're right those are hilarious. I think the hands are slightly closer on one of the covers... they look like they're moving if you quickly switch back and forth between the two.

Truly Bookish said...

Jenny and Madison, you both made me laugh! I wonder how much research is done prior to choosing these stock photos just to see if other books used them as a cover. Also, in regards to pictures Jenny posted, why is a woman's blood red lips and hands with a rose on the cover of Jane Eyre? Just weird, it's like they were trying to Twilatize (I know it's not a real word) Jane Eyre.
NC

Unknown said...

i think its so funny how common it is that covers are repeated
The Mephisto Covenant i like a lot very pretty

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...