Friday, December 17, 2010

Matched by Ally Condie

Release Date: Nov. 30, 2010
Pages: 366
Genre: Dystopian, Romance
Rating: 4.5 stars
Goodreads Review: Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Review: Let me start by saying that I really liked this book. It was just not what I expected. Matched has been hyped as the next great dystopian YA book after the Hunger Games trilogy. I was prepared for an action packed read. It’s not that kind of book.
Some things I really liked about the book:
- No love at first sight as is so common in YA books these days. Characters actually got to know each other first.
- I love the world building, I hope we get to find out a bit more about how the Society came to be in the sequels.
Some things I did not like about the book:
- Both guys in this love triangle are good guys, so someone will lose and get their heart broken. I does not seem fair. 
- As I mentioned before, I thought this story would be more dynamic, have a bit more action.
I look forward to the sequel to this book and think I will enjoy it even more now that I know what to expect.
Content: Completely clean read.

1 comment:

brandileigh2003 said...

Someone usually gets their heart broken in love triangle but I get what you mean. I had a hard time picking too.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...